May 8, 2020 at 9:00am-3:00pm
GMAR Parking Lot
12300 W. Center Street
Milwaukee, WI 53222
ALL UPCOMING GMAR SOCIAL EVENTS MAY BE POSTPONED OR CANCELLED PENDING DIRECTION FROM THE CDC WITH REGARDS TO THE CORONAVIRUS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING REGULATIONS. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This event is for GMAR members only.
Please click here to sign up for a timeslot.
Keep the following guidelines in mind when sorting your items for Shredfest, as recycling centers WILL NOT accept the following items:
* processed photographs
* magazines, newspapers, books
* plastic (including 3 ring binders and bags)
* boxboard (like Fed-Ex envelopes)
Your cardboard boxes and plastic bags are emptied as you arrive and returned to you.
Other things to note:
- The shredding company estimates that the 45% of the paper they shred could go into regular recycling. Shredding confidential documents is done to prevent the theft of confidential information. Shredding regular paper items only adds to the shredding time and delays the line.
- If it’s not your turn, please do not carry your papers up to the shredding truck. The person ahead of you gets to fill the bin first. If you fill the bin, that delays the person who was in front of you, if they have more items to shred.
- Remember to register. That helps the GMAR manage the participants more efficiently.
- The GMAR staff is happy to help you unload. However, they are not there to do the unloading for you unless you have physical limitations. Please let us know.