Designated REALTOR® Information (Broker/Manager)
Thank you for your interest in the Greater Milwaukee Association of REALTORS®! If you are a licensed broker and are starting your own firm, or taking over a management position in an established firm, you will most likely be joining the Association as a Designated REALTOR® member. Dues for any agent who is licensed to you or your firm must be paid within 10 days.
A Designated REALTOR® must be a licensed broker or certified or licensed appraiser in Wisconsin. There needs to be one Designated REALTOR® in each office, typically the broker on record or office manager. If you are the broker for your own company, this is the correct membership for you. The Designated REALTOR® is the one that is responsible for the office getting appropriate paperwork into the board and is the person we will contact with questions, concerns, etc. This membership type is eligible for MLS access.
To join, you must pay an application fee and prorated dues. Please fill out the APPLICATION FORM and check out the DUES SCHEDULE to see the prorated amount. Dues are prorated from the date that you are licensed with your company (if you are joining a company that already holds membership) or the date that you join (if you are starting your own company). The application fee is a one time fee as long as you never let your membership lapse.
Benefits of joining the GMAR:
We have a variety of business benefits for our members, including:
- Use of the GMAR logo and “member of…”
- Membership in the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), Wisconsin REALTORS® Association (WRA), as well as the GMAR.
- Ability to join Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
- Efficient, on-site resolution of professional standards and ethics complaints.
- Easy access to help with your legal questions through the Legal Hotline.
- Advocacy for positive public policy initiatives and against anti-business proposals through on-site public policy/governmental affairs.
- Association produced REALTORS’® Home & Garden Show showcases products and services for potential and existing homeowners and offers GMAR members free or low cost marketing opportunities.
- Up-to-date industry information via emails, social media, and in-house seminars.
- Weekly GMAR newsletter, “WRA REALTOR®” and “REALTOR® Magazine.”
- Products and services to help your business run smoothly and cost effectively:
* Zip forms
* Business benefits (see below)
- Networking at GMAR events, including the Brewers Outing, Golf Outing, Chairman’s Holiday Gala, and Happy Hours.
- A fully staffed professional office, open Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- And of course, help and information is available 24 hours/day at our website: www.gmar.com
Click here for more details. We are continually striving to improve services for our members, so this list will continue to grow! If you have questions, please contact Michelle Kohn, Membership Director at 414-778-4929 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to getting you started with the GMAR!Click below for membership application and dues structure.Mail or fax applications and dues to: GMAR Membership Processing Center4801 Forest Run Road Ste 201, Madison, WI 53704-7337Fax: (608) 241-2901If you have any questions, please contact: Deb McNelly or Michelle Kohn800-279-1972 414-778-4929 email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Buy
- Elite Fitness and Sports Clubs
- Ea$y Mile
- Ewald Automotive Advantage
- FastPark & Relax
- Marcus Center for the Performing Arts
- Milwaukee Art Museum
- Milwaukee Brewers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Milwaukee Magazine
- Professional Insurance Programs
- Sam’s Club