The Greater Milwaukee Association of REALTORS® Youth Foundation is currently taking applications for twelve $500 scholarships for 2017. The Youth Foundation values continued education and supports students each year with college scholarship awards. Children and grandchildren of GMAR members are eligible to apply.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
• Applicants must be children or grandchildren of the Greater Milwaukee Association of REALTORS® Members.
• Members must have maintained their relationship with the Greater Milwaukee Association of REALTORS® continuously for at least three years.
• Member’s dues must be current.
To be considered applicants must:
• Have applied to at least one accredited two or four-year college
• A completed application
• A high school or college transcript
• A photocopy of ACT and or SAT scores. Applicants with scores in the 80th percentile or above will receive preference.
• Three letters of recommendations from 1) A high school or college teacher. 2) A member of applicant’s general community. 3) A source of applicant’s choice.
• A 250-300 word essay describing academic achievement, and career goals
• A summary of any community involvement and extra-curricular activity
• Evidence of the college application
• The Greater Milwaukee Association of REALTORS® Membership date and year
Applicants are eligible each year for one scholarship.
Deadline: April 1, 2017. Applicants will be notified by mail with the Youth Foundation Board of Director’s decisions.
All applications and inquiries should be directed to:
Youth Foundation, Inc.
Attn: Scott Bush, Secretary
12300 W. Center St.
Milwaukee, WI 53222-4072